Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Update! ... and our beautiful chandelier!

I can't believe that it's been 9 months since I've updated this blog!! Time flies by when you are having fun with your baby. In 8 days our baby boy will be 1! I still can't believe it. His birthday party will be August 2nd, so I'll post pictures of the cute decorations and favors I've made after that! I don't want to give it away yet!

Here is our sweet boy now.

Awwww.... I can't get enough of that sweet face. Love, love, love...

Photo by Melissa Curry Photography

Because of little A, we haven't done too much more to the house. The one room that we have updated is our Giants room. We never used it before because it was so awful and now it's the room we're in the most!  I will post pictures tomorrow, I promise. 

** We also painted our bedroom. I don't know how I forgot about that!! We have a few more things to do to the room before it's done. Ill post a progress picture when my hubby picks up his clothes. *cough cough lucian.* Should be any day now...**

The only rooms we have left to update are the entry, guest bedroom, and bathroom upstairs. I have so many ideas for those rooms! I can't wait to get started! Check out my pinterest for those ideas. 

One other little project we have recently done is putting a chandelier in our entry. Just look at that beauty.....


Lucian found this chandelier on a local for sale group on facebook. It was broken and ugly but he saw potential right away. I can't say I did. The woman was giving it away for FREE, so I had my mom pick it up for us since she was closest. I wish we had a "before" picture but somehow that was lost in the past few months. :(

It sat on the floor in our entry foyer for 3 months! My dad said he'd try to mess around with it to see what he can do. He took off all the broken pieces, reassembled it, and rewired it. We hung it up the other day and little A loves it!! He "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" over it every time the light is turned on. I have to admit I'm pretty fascinated with it too. 

My dad can do anything!  I am so appreciative of his skills and the time he takes to do things for us! Thank you dad!


Isn't she just gorgeous??

Until tomorrow.... 

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment