Friday, July 25, 2014

Giants Room/Bar/"man" cave: The "After"

Finally, I took pictures of the Giants room! Someday I will get a good camera so the pictures look better than what my cell phone takes, but this works for now.

We are so happy with how it turned out.  The bar isn't quite done yet, but it will be soon! I added some pictures below.

We got the Giants console off someone on Craigslist who re-purposes old radio consoles.  
There is a middle section that opens up and is a cooler.  


I love the orange wall!


The bar will go here...

The recliner loveseat is from Ashley Furniture. it's super comfy. 

Bobbleheads, autographed baseballs, and pictures of each stadium that the Giants have played in.


The finished bar pictures will be posted soon!! It will go right in front of the bobblehead shelf.  Here is a sneak preview.  We got the bar from the thrift store. My father in law sanded it down.  The bottom part is painted black, the top edge is stained, and the top has baseball cards with a resin over them.

I tried to do the chalk paint on the bar, but because the main wood is a thin plywood type, it didn't turn out well. We are putting a coat of regular paint over it and getting it back in the room this week in time for little A's birthday.



 I love the way the resin top turned out!!



Until next time!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment